Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter

Monday, March 4, 2013

Building Doors in Your Life and Career




On a personal note, I can't tell you how many "doors" I've built on my own when other doors became closed (or I closed them ;) ) In ALL aspects of my life, not just my career, I found people and events were interwoven. People I met, places I lived, people I worked with, people I lost, etc...it's all connected to every decision I found myself making.

You'll feel when something has obvious value for your career, but don't overlook the other opportunities that will improve your life in the "Big Picture" of your life, family, health, etc. Do not doubt your own potential to "make your own doors".

If you haven't yet, start making your own Facebook Page, Blog, Twitter account, etc. for something you'd like to share or promote. Focus on "something" that may be a common interest with others and make sure you really like what your page is about.

This is a part of your identity, so don't "brand" yourself right away. See where your heart and skills take you. When you are certain you know what you will specialize in...own it!!! Keep building "doors" not just to go other places, but rather, "Let Some More People In!"


 
Please Share