Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Success From Experience


 
Success is a subjective term with its meaning sooo different to all of us (and not always meant to be about money, fame, power, etc.) The modeling industry has its own version of what they will consider to be a "successful" career, but sadly a small percentage of models that enter the industry will not meet that standard. That is just a viewpoint.

Plenty of models may not ever earn a substantial amount of money after their expenses are deducted, so they usually move on in t
heir lives with modeling being a part of their past. Does that mean that no success will come from their "experience"?

This can be the best part of what the modeling industry gave you...even if it was financially NOTHING. The experience is the lesson whether good or bad, but in the big picture of our life story, its affect is a lifelong insight that can be spun in a positive direction.

Once you share or learn more about the industry, you will hear over and over about the negative mistakes, journey, obstacles, people, relationships, expenses, rejection, etc. The success you can gain comes from "learning" from it and the knowledge and courage to avoid or better cope with similar, future events in your life.

The lessons that I have learned over the 25 years weaving through the industry still is appearant in my life and how I now view others within the industry, society, men, women, children, relationships, business, careers, my ethics, my social life, my confidence, my self-esteem, my health, my size, my safety, etc. I am an expert in my own life and the negative and positive results that have developed me into who I am now. So, yes, by the standards of what I've experienced and how I'm able to still share it with you...I like my success.

I don't see any reason why other models should feel negatively about themselves from their experiences because it is a blessing to have knowledge and insight. Start looking at yourself as being more in control of your success whatever it is. It just takes action (& courage)!

Be POSITIVE.