Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cameron vs. Her Genes...Both are Winners


I posted the TED talks video of Cameron's presentation when it came out. I like showing balance to you, so that you stay aware of the respect (and sometimes the lack of) that is associated with being a model. Here was just a pinch of my passion to try and spread the word that "models" are more than what the stereo-type implies: 

Here's the TED talks video


Here's my perspective. I enjoyed her TED talk, and realize the message in its context, but some people may not. I feel it should have been delivered with a slightly different message from the facts and perspective that she was demonstrating. Cameron's giving her opinion of her career as only being based on her beauty. As a professional model though, she's not giving herself and all of the other models that treat their career as a "business" enough credit. "Looks" are just one part of the industry and it's not necessarily just "Beauty".

If she had no talent at doing her job and if she didn't have the interpersonal skills, her "genetic" looks would have NOT have gotten her as far in her career as the status of a famous model. I know it's easy for people to think negatively about a model's role, but these critiques can be a stereo-type that just perpetuates more misunderstandings. Society just doesn't have a balanced outlook, yet.
 
 
I hope someone understands what I mean as not being superficial when I say that Cameron does deserve credit for using her mental and physical traits in her occupation and that should have no apologies.
 
(C-A @ A.K.A. Models... an advocate because I care for the models as people...not just objects.)