Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"The Emporer's New Clothes" in Fashion

Ashley Mears (Sociologist/Model) helped me understand the "sociology" of modeling when I read her book, "Pricing Beauty". The lack of "Diversity" in fashion is one of the controversial topics that is part of the root problems in "Society" that has tagged along since modeling as a career has even existed. 
 
It's not everyone in fashion that can be so blind to the message they're sending, can they? Take it straight to the top of the "pecking order" and compare everyone below them that wants to stay in good standing as especially responsible. 
 
Reminds me of the children's story, "The Emporer's New Clothes". Instead of calling anyone out to expose their role in the charade, though, the elite VIPS have to start doing the "right thing" with their conscience.
 
We'll then need the "psychology" applied to marketing in a new way to balance the diversity for society and our youth. (I hope I see the day at A.K.A. Models when some of my "ideals" are shared & supported by even more like-minded people like yourselves...)